Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fa la la la la


It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...is what I would be saying if I was at home, in the snow, having already put up Christmas lights and a Christmas tree. Is what I would be saying if I was flipping through the channels only to be bombarded with commercials full of Santas and this years 'must haves'. Is what I would be saying if I was at home, in a place where Christmas basically throws up all over you. Christmas, does not throw up here in Korea, it's more of a stifled burp.

I'm trying to feel festive. Planning Christmas activities with my kiddies and showing them Christmas videos but it's just not the same. Mike and I weren't planning on decorating the diz (our apartment) this year because we'll be in China, but I think it's a must.

At least a bit of sparkle here and there. Missletoe maybe? Something to light the Christmas fire. It's the build up of Christmas that gets me excited. Where new books and Popples used to do the trick, carols and coloured lights now get me in the mood.

One of the teachers at school today was wearing a shirt that said "bring your own sunshine if you're looking for love".

And that's exactly what I plan to do, bring some sunshine to the diz.

~A note on Korean shirts. Full of non-sensical sayings that depending on my mood and the day, totally make sense. They're never written in Korean, always English, so for the most part people don't even know which message their spreading.~

Bring your own sunshine if you're looking for love. So often we look to our surroundings to make us happy, to shed the light and lead us to love. But really it's up to us. Love comes from within and shines out. It's about attitude and outlook.

Is the eggnog half full or half empty?

Who's bringing the sunshine?



Green Christmas tip -Be smart when choosing your Christmas greetings.
For every billion christmas cards sent - and there are BILLIONS - 200,000 trees go to waste. And think of how many of those cards end up in the trash after the holiday season. Try to send recycled cards, holiday texts or e-cards instead. Check out cards for causes to see how you can get your hands on some funky enviro friendly cards and help out a charity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment