Thursday, November 17, 2011

stretch and decompress

What do you do when you're feeling sore from too much yoga?  Do more yoga!

My body is sore and tired.  I've recently taken on more classes and yesterdays schedule kicked my ass.  I have a nice little mix throughout the week between classes and privates.   But yesterday was a day full of classes and it was exhausting.  When teaching a one-one session I demo here and there but mainly rely on verbal cueing, physical adjustments and gossiping during down dog.  Aside from the odd dry throat from yammering on, it doesn't take much out of me.

But yesterday I taught four classes, three of which were back to back.  These were core flow classes which is a mix between Pilates and yoga.  By the third class I had a serious case of the wobbles in warrior 1, by the fourth class I all but fell over.  These are beginner classes with people who have "heard" of yoga and want to give it a try.  They don't know their chaturanga from their vrksasana and don't seem to care.  They want and NEED the visual.

Having made the decision to pursue yoga as my "career" I'm thankful for any classes that come my way.  It's tough building up a full time schedule teaching yoga.   So when a clinic offers me 3 classes in a row, I take it.  I just might fall over in the process.

Here's a little flow I use to help stretch and decompress.

Moving slowly.  Flow in and out of each pose a few times before settling in for 10 breaths.  Stay longer if it feels good!  Take your time and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment