Tuesday, April 6, 2010

spring!


Spring has finally turned up here in Busan and I am loving it! The air is different, things are in bloom, the kids are crazy and all I want to do is sit on a patio and drink wine.....yup, spring is here! There is something about different times of the year that make me want to shift my focus. Every New Years I think, okay now is the time to "really" get my shit together. Like everything together. I'm going to be tidier, financially more responsible, healthier, saner, just overall a better person.

Every fall, inspired by the hundreds of pages of Vogue, I think, okay now it's time to start dressing a little bit differently, a little bit more maturely. What does that even mean? The point is, there is something about the fall that makes me want to change my look, or at the very least, tweak it a bit.

Spring though, Spring is my favourite, I am always just motivated to pick up something new or rediscover something old. I love spring. I can literally feel an internal shift once the weather changes. I can taste it, a hunger to learn, to grow, to walk around and just be. No personal pressures to change or added responsibily......just growth. And really, isn't that what spring is all about, growth?

I walked to school for the first time this morning in ages and it felt wonderful. I showed up and instantly you can sense the excitement in the kids, the energy that spring provides is palpable, contagious. It's been a long winter here in Korea, longer than I had anticipated and I'm happy to shed the winter coat along with the winter whatever it was that was making this 28 year old a bit of a nutter.

Along with embracing the new this spring I am devoting my mental energy to letting go of the old. I mean, how am I to grow when I'm spending time looking back?

No comments:

Post a Comment