Friday, December 16, 2011

reverb recap part deux



I thought I'd share you ALL the babble from this last week and pass on some quotes and songs to represent these prompts. Let someone else's words do the talking.


Reverb 8 - Dharma, The Path - How did you wander well this year?

I wandered all the way to Bali, right into a yoga studio.  This, is my path.

"Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim". ~B.K.S Iyengar

 Reverb 9 - Resourcefulness - How were you resourceful?  How can you be resourceful?

 Use positivity to bring on inspiration and motivation. Smile. Move.

 "Open up your mind and let light in".

 'Date with Destiny' ~ Nightmares on Wax lyrics




Reverb 10 - Ananda, Bliss 

Joy, I'm learning is a state of mind which can transcend into your state of being. Reconnecting to the simple things has brought me joy.

This song = pure joy

 'Let me lie' ~ Phish   lyrics




  Reverb 11 - Thanks - Write a thank you letter or poem to someone.


The poem to that someone, I've kept for myself.  But I will re-share this poem:

My love letter to Indo

 Reverb 12 - Book - What did you read in 2011 that was most inspirational?

I read a ton of books throughout the year. I wouldn't pick any one as being truly inspirational, however, there were many that got me thinking. Barbara Kingsolver was an author that I returned to time and again over the year. Here are a few gems that have stayed with me.

  "It's what you do that makes your soul".

 “There's such a gulf between yourself and who you were then, but people speak to that other person and it answers; it's like having a stranger as a house guest in your skin.”

 “Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer.”

  Reverb 13 - Wisdom - What lesson or piece of wisdom did you learn from a child?

 I learned that children see the world the way it should be.

 "Better People" ~  Xavier Rudd lyrics




  Reverb 14 - Jnana, Self-Knowledge - What did you do that was completely out of character?

 I let go. I let myself go with the flow and see where the tides would take me. They took me home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment