Wednesday, December 21, 2011

reverb 15 - Scholar



It seems as though each day, each prompt with reverb 11 is bringing me back to yoga and back to Indonesia.  Of course it is.  For this past week of writing I've decided that for each prompt I'm going to share a journal entry from my time abroad.  I'm copying these as is, untouched.  A little glimpse into my mind and my time away :)


reverb 15 - Scholar - What did you study this year





May 3rd, 2011 (Yoga Teacher Training)


I don't quite think I knew what to expect.  I looked at the schedule so I knew I was going to be busy but I had no idea I'd be so tired.  My body is exhausted and sore.  Emotionally I feel like I could break.


A lot of these theme practices we're told will bring up emotions.  The only emotion I'm feeling is frustration.  Frustrated that I can't focus.  I feel distracted in this big class.


But, the classes are amazing!!!  So challenging.  I'm putting myself in new positions each day.  And despite the stiffness I can feel my body opening up.


I just wish I would "land" and find that peace on the mat. 


I'm so excited about the yogic journey that I'm starting and loving that my homeboy is right in on it too.


I can't wait to go even deeper in my practice, and in my reading.  This is the life for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment