Sunday, June 20, 2010

on your mark, get set....


Let the games begin! Or, more accurately put...let the training begin! I have decided to train for and run a half marathon. The race isn't until Septemeber 12th, which allows me exactly 12 weeks to train. Perfect!

It's not gonna be easy. And not just the running part, but the actual committment to training. It's hot here in Korea, like icky sticky thick air hot. So, my runs will be hot. It's summer, which means everyone is in summer time, party time mode. It's going to be hard to give up a night of wine on the beach to sweat my ass off with a run... The challenge here, will be to stay focused. Which, lately has not been easy. I have been suffering a severe case of the monkey mind. What will help keep me in line is that the man is going to be training too, so we'll be in this together.

I don't love running. I do love walking. Some people are just natural runners and really enjoy it. I, am not one of those people. But I have for a long time bragged about just how good of a walker I am...and I mean, I really am good. So, I am going to walk/run this 21k and have found a 12 week training program to help me achieve just that. I'm committed, but not crazy.

I'm excited for this. Growing up I was always been involved in competitive sports and so was always in training mode. It has been a long time since I have had a fitness goal of any sort. Something to keep me on track, keep me motivated. This should do just that. It's going to be great. Sweaty, but great.

No comments:

Post a Comment