Wednesday, June 9, 2010

and...we're back


It has been 1 year 4 months and about 3 weeks since I have last taught any type of fitness class and last night I broke back in. It wasn't so much a class as me, the man and a couple of girlfriends hitting the beach for some pilates but it felt great. I had no idea just how much I had been missing this until last night.

I am feeling totally rejuvinated and inspired. I keep thinking that I have to wait until I return home before I can really get back into things. But that is just not the case. I feel a plan abrewin'. I know that this is where I belong that this is what I want to do. I also know that I want to continue to travel and see and experience new things. I just need to find a way to bring these two things together.

I will find a way.

***this was the intended end to this entry.....until, the way found me***

...my heart is pounding. I'm not sure why but I just signed up for this 21 day yoga/writing challenge. Impulse! Practice yoga 5 times a week and write 800 words per day. I think maybe this is a challenge for writers, which I am not, however it just feels like the right thing to do. What the f am I going to write about every day? I'm hardly getting in a blog per week. But, I do want to write more and so this will force me to put some of my ideas/thoughts to paper (well, screen really).

Seriously, my heart is pounding. This challenge is a challenge only for myself, I am not being graded or monitored so why is my body reacting this way. Excitement? Anxiety? Fear of failure? d) all of the above.

5 days of yoga a week will be tough, but I know that I can do it! Because this is a personal challenge I am going to tweak this a bit to '5 days on the mat' during the week. Pilates will be making an appearance as well.

As for the writing. 800 words per day may be a bit much for me as I'm not exactly a writer, nor am I actually writing anything. My writing is just rambling. So, I am going to commit to writing every day; no word limit, just writing. This writing may take place here or if it's more personal I will write in my journal...either way though I will keep a record here of what I am doing.

It's funny that just today I was writing about finding a way. I step away from this post for an hour and do my usual net surfing and come across this challenge. If nothing else this will be good practice for me. I started this blog with the intention of re-establishing a daily practice and writing more. I've been dipping my toes in the pool for the last couple of months, and it feels pretty good. This challenge will give me the push I need to just dive in.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment